The city of Poitiers (France) lies some 350km south west from Paris and some 260km north east from Bordeaux.
Poitiers may be reached by plane (Poitiers Biard airport or via another airport + train) or by train.
Travel by train :
- Train station: Poitiers centre
- Bordeaux-Saint Jean (~ 2h from Poitiers)
- La Rochelle (~ 1h50 from Poitiers)
- Lille Europe or Lille Flandres (~ 3h45-4h30 from Poitiers)
- Lyon (~ 5h from Poitiers)
- Paris :
- Gare Montparnasse (~ 1h40 from Poitiers [TGV])
- Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle Airport (~ 2h30 from Poitiers)
- Toulouse (~ 4h15 from Poitiers)
Travel by plane:
HOP and RyanAir fly to Poitiers Biard from a (rather small) number of European cities (see below); but it might be cheaper and time-saving to reach Poitiers via another (French) airport (Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle, Paris Orly, Bordeaux etc.).
- Directs flights (on a more or less regular basis; these flights may be pretty expensive, though) to Poitiers Biard from:
- Indirect flights (on a more or less regular basis; these flights may be pretty expensive as well) to Poitiers Biard from:
- Other -international- airports not too far from Poitiers:
- Roissy Charles de Gaulle (~ 2h30 from Poitiers by train)
- Paris Orly (plane + RER or bus [~ 1h30 to reach Paris Montparnasse] + train via Paris Montparnasse [~ 1h40 from Poitiers])